Equality and diversity
The firm believes that the diversity of our workforce is one of our greatest assets. We are committed to tackling any discrimination and prejudice in all its forms, ensuring that all forms of harassment and intimidation are eradicated and to provide equality of opportunity for everyone within the firm. We believe that it is only by offering equality of opportunity that we can achieve the goals we set ourselves in the provision of legal services to our clients.
The firm will not accept less favourable treatment of anyone on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation.
- To fully embrace all our responsibilities and obligations under all relevant legislation to combat discrimination and, in particular, to abide by all relevant Government approved Codes of Practice.
- To recruit and retain a workforce that reflects the diverse communities that we come from and service as clients.
- To welcome the special knowledge and skills that a diverse workforce contributes to the firm.
- To take action to eradicate discrimination and inequality in all of its forms in the carrying out of our work and, when we employ others to carry out work or provide services on our behalf.
- To remain open to ideas and suggestions designed to improve our service to our clients and our workplace practices.
- To ensure that our internal and external policy and systems of working reflect and incorporate equality objectives and targets.
- To provide equal access to training and development thus ensuring that everyone can participate fully in the firm.
- To treat all our staff, clients, agency workers and service providers positively, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religious belief, disability, caring responsibilities or age.
- To investigate fully any complaint from whatever source of discrimination, bullying, harassment or victimisation. To have regard to equality and diversity in all aspects of employment from the advertising of vacancies, through recruitment and selection procedures, negotiating terms and conditions of employment, training and personal development and finally to reasons for ending employment.
- In particular in regard to employment we ask only for the skills and qualities actually needed to do the job.
All staff are made aware of this policy at induction and it is published on our intranet. Everyone in the firm is actively involved in the operation and review of this policy, sympathetic consideration will be given to any concerns or suggestions for improvement.
« Go backContact us »