We are currently recruiting for an administrative assistant to join our Wills & Probate team busy Bingley office. The role will involve reception & telephone duties and administrative tasks, mainly in property law.
Daily tasks include providing administrative support to the fee earners in the branch, file opening, management of diaries, dealing with telephone enquiries and post.
The successful candidate with have a positive attitude, attention to detail and be a quick and accurate worker, able to follow instructions carefully while dealing with a high volume of work. There will be client contact, both face to face and on the telephone, so clear and confident communication is essential. The candidate will also be a team player with a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude, capable once trained of using their own initiative and working pro-actively to meet the needs of the branch office.
- Opening new files and inputting new instructions onto the Case Management system.
- Maintaining diaries and making appointments as required.
- Producing relevant letters and documents.
- Filing, billing, faxing, photocopying, sorting post and archiving.
- Updating the Case Management system in accordance with team procedures as the matter progresses.
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with them appropriately.
- Dealing with the office post.
- General administration duties for the office.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures.
- Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm.
KEY SKILLS – ESSENTIAL
- Clear spoken and written communication.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with enquiries in a customer-friendly and effective manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft programmes.
- Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to promote the image of the firm.
EXPERIENCE – DESIRABLE
- Office Administration
- Experience in wills and probate highly desirable.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: Dependant on experience – please indicate your current/expected salary
LOCATION: 122-126 Main Street, Bingley, BD16 2HL
Ison Harrison is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any grounds other than the ability to carry out the job specification.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.