When Can I Switch Solicitors?
You can do this at any point in the claim if you feel that:
- You are not being kept up to date through a lack of communication
- Your solicitor is not following your instruction
- You are being dealt with by a different solicitor each time you contact the firm
- You consider that your solicitor lacks expertise or is not a specialist
- You have been appointed a solicitor by your insurer who is based no where near you
- Errors are being made repeatedly
- There is a lack of progress
- Your solicitor is trying to settle the case too quickly
- You are receiving standard and generic letters and you are not satisfied with the advice being given reflects the facts of your case
You can also transfer your claim if the firm goes into Administration, Liquidation or has been intervened by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.
How Do I Change My Solicitor?
Once you provide your written authority to transfer the file, your original solicitor will enter into discussions with your new solicitor. The file transfer itself should be relatively straightforward and shouldn’t cost you anything as your new solicitor will agree to seek to recover your original solicitor’s costs when the case settles.
What Do I Do Next?
Call or email us – we can advise what your next steps are and we’ll make the process as swift and stress-free as possible.
Here’s why you should switch to Ison Harrison:
- Friendly, specialist solicitors to handle your claim
- Most Law Society specialist accreditations than any other firm in Leeds
- Top 20 Yorkshire law firm
- 14 branches throughout Yorkshire
For more information, please call us on 0113 284 5000 today.