The range of services that the Immigration department provide are available at fixed fees or by hourly rate, and this would depend upon individual circumstances and the nature/complexity of every case. A breakdown of our fees for Immigration and Asylum matters are all available on this page. If you have any queries about any of our fees, please do not hesitate to call us on 0113 284 5000 to speak to a member of our team.
Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981 – £600.00
Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates – £600.00
Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
- Student and work experience visas – £750.00
- Spouse and partners applications, including fiance(e)s or proposed civil partners – £750.00
- Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based-System – £850.00
- Adult dependent relative applications – £850.00
- Family reunion applications – £500.00 plus £100.00 per extra person
- Ancestry visas – £850.00
- Settlement applications – £750.00
Hourly rate: Other applications for leave to remain
Our current hourly rate is £150.00
On average, this type of Application takes between 4 – 5 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £600.00 and £750.00.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
All of the above fees exclude VAT and disbursements, including Interpreters’ fees
The above fees include the following:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate Application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 1 to 2 hours*
* the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether these need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence such as medical records and bank statements, taking statements of any witnesses – Please note that for taking & drafting statements there will be an additional charge of £150.00 per witness;
- Preparing your application and a covering letter setting out why your application should succeed and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 2 hours;
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
The above fees specifically do not include dealing with any decision/appeal.
There are several other factors which may affect the cost of an immigration matter such as the ones listed below. If we believe that any of these factors may affect your case these will be discussed with you in advanced:
- Whether it is a first-time application or extension
- There are multiple dependents (eg several children)
- The language of the client
- The number of supporting documents or witnesses
- Whether it is a fast tracked / premium application.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Disbursements are not included in the costs set out above and be provided, where necessary on a case by case basis.
- Interpreters fees
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases and we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary in your case.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The above costs also do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within a week of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
The head of the Immigration department is Ben Davison.
Call 0113 284 5000 today.