Probate & Estate Administration
Probate & Estate Administration FAQs with Dominic Mackenzie from Ison Harrison
In this video he answers the following questions:
- Should I use a solicitor to obtain a grant of probate?
- Can i deal with an estate without a grant of probate?
- How are grant of probate and letters of administration processed?
- I’m an executor using a probate solicitor, how do I keep fees down?
- How are the deceased’s assets protected until sold or distributed?
- What is the process of valuing an estate?
- When does inheritance tax need to be paid?
- What happens with the debts owed by the deceased?
- How do I know all assets and liabilities are ascertained?
- I am an executor but don’t want to act as one, what can I do?
- What’s the process when dealing with tax of a deceased person’s affairs?
- Is it an issue if the will names several executors?
- The estate doesn’t have enough cash to deal with debts, is this an issue?
- If I deal with probate myself, what risks of personal liability do I face?
For more information please call us on 0113 284 5000 today.