New Build Property
Ison Harrison have a specialist team of New Build Conveyancers who have the knowledge and expertise to make your new build purchase a smooth and stress free experience. The conveyancing procedure when buying or selling a new build property is more complex and additional matters need to be considered including:
- The Developer will usually own the whole site and will sell to you as a “Sale of Part” in the form of individual housing plots
- The Developer will often impose strict deadlines in which they expect you to exchange contracts, usually 28 days
- The property will often benefit from a New Home Warranty such as NHBC or similar guarantee scheme
We as your Conveyancers will ensure that:
- Planning Permission – we will ensure that Planning Permission has been granted and that any conditions either have already been or will be complied with at the various stages of the development
- Building Regulation Consent – we will ensure that the Developer has obtained Building Regulation Consent and that any conditions either already have been complied with, or will be complied with at the relevant stages of the development
- Relevant rights are granted in respect of the Roads and Sewers
- There are relevant rights of way over the Estate Roads up until the time of legal adoption
- We will ensure that the developer has entered into a Highways Act 1980 Section 38 Agreement agreeing to adopt the Estate Roads and that this Agreement is supported by an appropriate bond, this means that in the event that the developer does not build the roads to an adoptable standard, the Local Authority will use the bond to fund the adoption process themselves.
- Drains and Sewers – It is important that a Water Industry Act 1991 section 104 Agreement and Bond has been entered into. This ensures that the Developer constructs the sewers in a suitable manner so that they can be transferred to the Water Authority.
- The Transfer document which is supplied by the Developers legal representatives should ensure that the purchaser is granted the certain items.
If you require any further information on any aspect of our New Build conveyancing services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you require any further information on any aspect of our New Build conveyancing services, please do not hesitate to contact us.« Go backContact us »