Buying and Selling Houses
Our aim as residential conveyancers is to ensure your property transaction goes through promptly, with you in full knowledge of the details involved. We achieve this through timely communication, an attentive client service and professional expertise.
The process of buying and selling houses can involve many obstacles which can delay the process, but our experience and industry know-how means we have an impressive record of negotiating transactions to completion- and to the full satisfaction of our clients.
We take care of all aspects including:
- Carrying out searches and preparing a full property report, advising you on any issues such as planning applications and imminent local authority development;
- Checking the title to the property, issuing enquiries and preparing a full property report;
- If you are buying with the aid of a Mortgage, comply with any terms and conditions and draw down the mortgage funds for completion;
- At the appropriate time, arranging for the exchange of contracts;
- The final stages: confirming completion, paying the stamp duty charge where applicable, and dealing with all post-completion matters such as registering your ownership
- Preparing draft contracts and issuing these, plus all supporting documentation, to your buyer’s solicitor;
- Obtaining any relevant indemnity policies;
- Carrying out the exchange of contracts and obtaining mortgage redemption figures;
- Redeeming any mortgages in force, and sending you any balance monies as applicable.
At all times we ensure that you are fully informed and comfortable with how the transaction is progressing, and keep you up-to-date with what your options are. It is important to remember that you can pull out at any stage up to exchanging contracts, so we aim to ensure you are completely happy to proceed at all times.
« Go backContact us »