Expert Advice on Internal Investigations
When internal crises have the potential to turn into civil, criminal or regulatory proceedings, businesses should obtain advice.
The importance of receiving the correct advice is paramount at early stages. There may be reputational issues- it’s critical to assess any problems that may arise and strategize how to proceed with as little disruption and inconvenience to the business as possible.
We can help you conduct internal investigations, or assist with a response to the regulator or the police.
If you need help dealing with an external investigation, or wish to conduct an internal investigation, we can help start the process. Internal investigations are challenging: often they are fast paced, sensitive and issues such as legal privilege and confidentiality require input from a legal expert.
We can help with:
- Reporting to prosecutors and regulators
- A deferred prosecution agreement
- Responding to compulsory information requests
- Breakdown of conduct in an internal investigation
- Establishing if there has been unlawful conduct
- Gaining immunity from prosecution
- Undertaking civil action to recover losses