Professional Liability Solicitors in Leeds & Yorkshire
A successful business will from time to time need to call upon the services of a professional adviser. That could be an accountant preparing accounts for the business, or indeed an individual director seeking advice from an independent financial adviser. It may need the services of a solicitor or barrister to advise or represent them in relation to a commercial transaction, or a surveyor to undertake a valuation of a potential property acquisition. In each of those situations, the business places its trust in the professional concerned, and relies upon them accordingly.
Most of the time the advice given by a professional will be accurate, and the work carried out in an appropriate manner that meets the needs of the business. However, like all individuals, they can make mistakes that cause loss and considerable financial damage to a business.
At Ison Harrison we pride ourselves on our reputation for forging strong and lasting relationships with our clients, built on trust. This enables us to learn about your organisation and use our experience and knowledge to tailor the right advice for your business. In the above situations, we will help you recover your losses, and hopefully restore your faith in professional advice.
Over the years, our Commercial Litigation department has acted for clients in claims in negligence and/or breach of contract against the following:
- Accountants – claims arising from negligent preparation of accounts, tax advice, and failure to comply with accounting deadlines.
- Surveyors and valuers – claims arising out of negligent reports as to the condition or valuation of property, and conduct of party wall matters.
- Solicitors and barristers – negligent advice provided, failure to draft commercial documents with due care and skill, negligent conduct of litigation,negligent conduct of property and commercial transactions and failure of representation.
- Financial advisers – negligent advice provided in relation to SIPS, pensions (particularly in relation to pension transfers), mortgages, and other financial products.
- Architects – claims for loss and damage arising out of negligent design, failure to comply with planning obligations, conduct of party wall matters.
- Insurance brokers – negligent failure to protect client’s interests.
In addition, we also assisted clients in bringing claims before the Financial Services Ombudsman where appropriate.
Whether a claim has a value of £10,000 or £10 million, we will represent your interests professionally and to the best of our abilities.
We are clear and transparent about our fees, and where appropriate will consider a contingency fee arrangement or alternative funding.